Monday, November 30, 2009

Great genes?

I just got results from my yearly lab work and it is fascinating to me. My 30ish doctor told me he is jealous of my cholesterol numbers and that I must have great genes. Everything looked absolutely perfect except for my white count and my platelets which always run high because of inflammation and prednisone.

The results are fascinating to me because they paint a picture of perfect health when I have more health problems than most people my age. I regularly see a cardiologist, dermatologist, physical therapist, podiatrist, pulmonologist and rheumatologist.I'm walking around with the cholesterol numbers of a 16-year-old, but I can be outrun easily by a senior citizen. I'm not ungrateful for those numbers though. At least something about my health is great. I guess it's only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment