Sunday, March 28, 2010

The joy of doing nothing.

I am out of my cast and trying hard to get my range-of-motion back in my arm. I can reach my face with a fork or a toothbrush, but it still hurts. I'm also dealing with cellulitis on my thigh from a razor nick. The weirdest stuff happens to me it seems. At least a couple of rocephin shots and 15 days of antibiotics should cure it. I'm now on day 8.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I'll have my permanent punctal plugs inserted, see my GP for another recheck of my cellulitis and pick up some work from the office. When that is done, I plan to get back to my newest hobby, relaxing.

Relaxing is something everyone should strive to become really good at. I never really knew how to relax until my broken right elbow. It is a lesson I am really happy to learn. It has done me so much good.

My former definition of relaxing was "doing something sitting down." Now I know that relaxing is doing absolutely nothing. You just let your body go entirely limp and breathe deeply. I think it is really more restful and satisfying than sleep. It is kind of hard to get the hang of, but once you do, you'll do it every chance you get.

That's all I really have to share today. I'll be back at work in a week, and I won't have the chance to do nothing for much longer, so I'd better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment