Tuesday, December 15, 2009

RA Holiday

Christmas Day is only 10 days from today and I have not put up a single decoration, not even a wreath. I haven't done much shopping either. I guess I've just been ignoring Christmas this year. But, it has not gone away. Or, maybe I'm protesting. It does feel like a protest.

I know I need to pull out the tree and a wreath at minimum. With a bum thumb on one side and a bum elbow on the other, I just can't do it myself. That is the first problem. The second problem is that I just don't feel up to it. I don't have the energy and I just don't feel like fooling with it. It should be joyous and wonderful, but it is going to be a painful chore. I don't see myself singing Deck The Halls or whipping out some Christmas cookies and hot cider. I'll hurriedly throw up the tree and fling a few ornaments at it.

I just can't afford the shopping at all this year, thanks in part to mountains of medical bills. Unfortunately it is a little too late to start knitting sweaters or building bird houses.

If I HAVE to celebrate then I just ask one thing. I'd like a long holiday from RA. Days off work are very nice, but I need a break from this disease. Do ya think ol' Father Christmas can handle that one?

No comments:

Post a Comment